Friday, September 23, 2011

Badam Kheer

Badam Kheer is a superb and exotic desert made of badam/almonds..It has a thick creamy texture with a divine taste... :-)

Ingredients

20-25 Almonds/badam
1 lr Milk
3/4 Cup Sugar
A Pinch of Saffron
A very small pinch of Cooking Camphor
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
Few Silvered Pistachios and Almonds for Garnishing

Method

Blanch, peel and grind the almonds in to a coarse paste.
Mix in to half the quantity of milk(unboiled) and set aside.
Pour the remaining milk in a thick bottomed vessel and bring to a boil.
Add sugar and simmer for 5-7 min.
Gently pour in the milk with the almond paste, stirring continuously until it comes to a boil.
Mix the camphor and saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk and rub until the milk turns orange.
Pour it into the kheer, just before taking off the flame.

Add the cardamom Powder and garnish with almond and pistachio silvers...enjoy..:-)

* Sending this exotic dessert recipe to Raven and Anu's Event for Almonds


and to Anu's Diwali Event

12 comments:

  1. Looks super rich and delicious..my fav kheer tempts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mugdha,
    I have changed my blog's name from TASTY TREAT to ERIVUM PULIYUM
    URL http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com
    Please unfollow the previous URL and follow me on my prsent URL for my latest updates for your valued suggestions and comments on my post !!Hope you will cooperate..

    Thanx in advance,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow give me bowl of that delicious drink :) super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kheer looks to be simply yummy and inviting.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kheer came out really well dear. I like the creamy yummy bowl.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creamy & too deliiiciouuus!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummm...My mouth started watering seeing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always heard of it but never tried before.....I should give it a try...it looks absolutely delicious
    Event : What’s On Your Kebab Platter : win a gift : few days left
    Event :My Diwali My Way

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for visiting my blog,your comments will be more helpfull for me...Hope to see U again...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget