Friday, July 22, 2011

Temple Style Potol Rasha

Potol Rasha is one of the most popular recipe of Odisha,India…Its also a very tasty recipe among the Mahaprasad of Jagannath Temple,Puri...I already wrote the potol aloo rasha recipe n my previous post, but this one is a bit diff, as here the potol is cooked in coconut milk, and ginger cumin paste--no garlic, onions and potatoes used for this temple style recipe of Jagannath Temple..and here it goes:-




Ingredients

500gm Potol(Parwal)
1 1/2'' Ginger, 1/2 tbsp Cumin seed and 1/4 cup grated coconut(soaked in water and ground to a fine paste)
1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
1 tsp panch phutan
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 bay leaf(tej patta)
Ghee
Salt to taste
Water

Method:

Wash and cut the potol/parwal in round shapes(cut one in 2/3 pieces)..
Take ghee in a pan and fry the potol/parwal pieces wel and keep aside..
Add ghee to the hot pan,take 1 tsp panch phutan and tej patta, when it crackles, add the masala paste .
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry well until oil evaporates.
Then add the potol/parwal pieces with coconut milk and salt.

Add water if necessary and bring to boil  for 2-3 min.
Now cook in medium flame till the gravy thickens.
Add garam masala powder and cook for 1-2 min.
Serve hot with rice/roti/paratha...enjoy..:-)

22 comments:

  1. Looks simply superb and delicious.. thanks for the awesome recipe.. :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this looks so yummy...in fact almost all of your recipes in the sidebar are so unique ...would definitely try them
    do participate in my giveaway here at http://fashionquotient.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice recipe .We do not get parwal here

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabupous very nice and delicious recipe of parwal

    ReplyDelete
  5. very yummy recipe ....
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard of this recipe name...hv to try....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dish looks really chatpati and spicy..lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mugdha..u don't know how much I love the prasad at the temple....I went once in Puri....my mom has cooked so many times but never got the taste of the temple one....will try this one and let my mom also know how it is cooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious and tempting potol/parwal sabzi..nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very yummy!!! Even i make the potolo rasa with onion...will give this a try on Osa baras!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious looking potol rasha. great looking preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, love it, we never added coconut or coconut milk to parwal curry. That is a nice touch. Whenever I get my hands on potol, I am going to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks interesting.. Most of your recipes are out of the ordinary.. Bookmarked many..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very yummy looking one. A new recipe for me, bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my ~ that looks amazingly delicious ~ long time I ate parwal n now looking at your pics I am badly craving for some ~ rocking recipe :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woow .... I so much miss these recipes and food in this part of the world. Will be trying this version of the rasa ... delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a tempting recipe Mugdha.New to me and helps.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure intrigued by potot... will google for it. You always surprise me with new dishes each time I visit. Thanks for adding to my culinary knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohooo, dekhiki mo mana taa eyithu chan chan heigalani... maane mun kana gote kari dianti and eyi potala rassa bowl te bharti heiki mo samnaku palei asanta!!
    Any item from Prabhu Jagannath's prasad recipes taste divine, even if cooked at home. And this one is so simple, no use of onion, garlic or ginger... a nice food item for vrats and can go nicely with both rice or chapattis.
    Very well done. 10 on 10 (Mun Kitchen Champion ra judge chef Gautam Maharshi :D)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can you please publish the recipe for Goti Baigana

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your Blog. Thanks to Admin for Sharing this Cooking Idea. Addition to this here I am Contributing one more Similar Stories How to Cook delicious Parwal Vegetable Korma Recipe?.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for visiting my blog,your comments will be more helpfull for me...Hope to see U again...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget