On the festival occasions, people all over India prepare best dishes at their home. There are so many varieties of these. Karanji, also known as Gujiya and pirikiya is a dish that is famous all over the country. Though preparation of Karanji requires little time and effort, the taste is worth all the patience. One major advantage of Karanji is that it can be stored for weeks and used as dessert as well as snacks. Incase, you have still not tasted Karanji, give it a try. Here is the recipe:-
1 cup grated dry coconut
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp mixed dry fruit pieces
1 cup maida
1 tsp ghee (butter)
warm milk (for doughing)
In order to prepare Karanji, you will have to first prepare dough and then prepare the stuffing. Once you are done with both of them, you simply need to fill the stuffing and deep fry the Karanji.
Mix 1 cup maida, 1 tbsp ghee, a pinch of salt and warm milk to prepare the dough, try to keep the dough a little hard.
Mix all the above ingredients and fry them in a pan till dry.
1. Roll small oval shaped puris from the hard dough.
2. Now place the prepared stuffing in the middle of it.
3. Stick both the corners of the puri by applying some water or milk so that it will seal properly. Remember not to apply too much of water as it will not seal properly.
4. Deep fry it till it becomes brownish color.
5. Serve it hot or cold as you wish.
*Sending this yummy recipe to akil's "CELEBRATE SWEETS~STUFFED SWEETS" event